About Me

My photo
Follower and believer of Christ-Catholic. I live my life, as his child. A witness, living a life of he has preached. Faith comes before anything, morals keep hold me together.I'm Reserved, but opinionated. I am aspiring to be a better person, everyday. But for all that its worth I've got the man upstairs to thank for all the many blessings he's given me... I live to serve and serve to live :)

Friday, March 4, 2011

Spring Break!

Spring Break is here! Surprisingly, I'm not all too excited, just cause I don't know what I will be doing with my free time... any who, started my day taking two exams, which I don't think I did so well. Blah! Then worked for the rest of the day.

So, i was thinking about my job at the cafe...and how it requires so much manual labor (kinda), and at times I catch myself thinking maybe I should quit, and find me a receptionist job, or ya know, a job where I can look good in. Instead of getting coffee splashed in my face, not to mentions making a bottle takes tedious time, and a big clean up after. Oh and my pet peeve! Demanding, and rude people. I mean, I know I come into work, with baggy clothing, hair looking like a mess, no makeup, but today, i actually felt like a 'worker'. I strolled a cart up to the dining hall, feeling like crap (pms speaking), with garbage. i noticed a group of kids, as I strolled past them I felt a sense of humility. kind of like, if someone asked you," What do you do for a living?" and you say, "I'm a janitor." like, you sort of feel ashamed... nothing against janitors of course. I'm very thankful for what they do! ACtually, my heart goes out to them! But as I passed them, i felt I was being judged. For those living the good life, parents be giving you the money to spend, while you sit back and relax... you guys are missing out. Missing out, because you'll never learn what the meaning of hard work really is. Ever since I've worked for Sodexo I can say, I've become so much more humble. I got of sense of what my parents go through every single day for me. i deal with all sorts of people...but the most important thing I've learned is to be respectful. I feel like with today's society we forget the magics words: Please and thank You. Being polite is not an option, but a way of life ( or so I feel). If you want people to respect you, you've got to learn to respect others.

Went home, spent some time with my brother and his friends was fun! I always laugh, and make convos revolve around me hehehe. My roomie called, which was nice. Good to hear her voice again. We just babbled about nothing in particular -typical. Sometimes I feel like I dont look at her as my BFF but like a sister. I'm glad we've become really close. It's nice to know you know that someone is always there for you despite the distance. It sounds corny, but I like the fact that my bed is right underneath of hers, it makes me feel safe when I'm not with my family.

It's getting late, and my gna is snoring really loud... great.

Goodnight world!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers