About Me

My photo
Follower and believer of Christ-Catholic. I live my life, as his child. A witness, living a life of he has preached. Faith comes before anything, morals keep hold me together.I'm Reserved, but opinionated. I am aspiring to be a better person, everyday. But for all that its worth I've got the man upstairs to thank for all the many blessings he's given me... I live to serve and serve to live :)

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools!

April is finally here! And in less than month, I'll be done with my first year of college... wow. It still feels as if yesterday, I met my roommate, and starting my college experience. Last night, my roomie showed me this song, called 'temporary home' by carrie underwood. At first, I was sort of in the 'wtf stage, why are you so emo stage'.  The song had really gotten to her. I turned off the lights, bout to get ready to close my eyes, and knowing something is wrong, I slowly creep on her (haha sorry, I'm a creeper) I caught her crying again. I wanted to make sure she was okay, and so, what do I do? Well, I climbed up to sit and chat with her. We both started talking, and she shared some things that meant a lot to her. I could see where she was coming from...I can't say that I know what she's been through, but I can only understand.

While listening to the song, I myself got a bit emotional. I realized how selfish we as human beings are... we take everything for granted, and we don't care about anything other than ourselves. We don't look around to see how fortunate we are, and we complain about the lives that God has granted us.

I use to claim that I was a good person, built with good morals, and intentions... but then I reflect on myself, and ponder on the thought if that is true... am I really just like every other selfish human being out there?

I came home today, and saw my grandma. She showed me her face. It was badly swollen, according to my brother it's a virus infection- possibly the shingles or some form of another chicken pox. I was angry at my family for not telling me anything. Waiting till I come home. What the hell. What if something else happened, were they going to hide that from me too? My poor grandma 's face is swollen, with bumps and pain. Just last she was sick, and now this. After seeing her face, I think I'm going to be going home more often now... I mean, I don't know how long she's going to live, or when God will take her away... I want to seize the moment that I can have with the woman who has helped cared for me with her unconditional love....

Praying for the needy,tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers